Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Celebrating National Sewing Month


September is National Sewing Month and I'm celebrating! Over the weekend I ordered a sewing machine!!! I've never owned one which is surprising considering that my mom was and still is quite the seamstress. She made all my clothes when I was a kid (at least until I wanted them from the store like other kids), she also sewed many a sequin on my dance costumes along with many other accessories and clothes for my dolls and such. So, it seems a bit strange that I wouldn't own a sewing machine much less even know how to sew!!! But, that will soon change! I'm excited to get it and play around with it... I've wanted one for at least a year now and can't wait to finally be able to sew on some scrapbook pages and maybe even make some throw pillows for my home!!!

What are you doing to celebrate National Sewing Month?

No comments: