Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What I've Been Up To

So, I've been a little distracted from my planned project this week (you'll learn this is not abnormal for me). ;) A month or so ago I moved my scrap area into a new space in our basement... I loved my area before, but we were doing some rearranging of other things which made my scrap area almost a necessity to move... which I am not complaining because I now have a BIGGER area! So, now that my area is bigger and I have a new sewing machine I have expanded my space. I've been dabbling a little here and a little there at reorganizing... not really sure what or how I wanted to do things because it was really functional before and I really liked it! But, today changed things a bit all thanks to Target!!! Love that place! I scored some great finds... all on clearance! Including a few of the items below:

This white bookcase I found over half off!!!! A mostly perfect home for my new sewing machine (although there's no place to scoot under it, I figure as much as I plan to use it in the near future it'll work and for under 20 bucks I thought I couldn't lose! Plus with the additional shelves I have more storage space. I also got the green and blue bowls (on clearance $1.38) and...


These cute little bowls too (on clearance for $.98)! They may not stay in this home, but I thought it was sweet that the fit so perfectly. I hope to go back and get at least 2 more for another area of my space. I also got some adorable hooks (on clearance for $2.78). They each have a number on them (1, 2, & 3)... I am not sure yet if I'm going to hang them in my scrap room or behind the door in my son's room... I will wait and see...


And, now... for my project... A Week in the Life... I took some time a few weeks ago to document our comings and goings for 7 days, uploaded all my photos and had them printed in various sizes at scrapbookpictures.com and am now working on the album. This is about as far as I've gotten, a cover page and the intro page for each day (minus journaling)... I attempted to hand write the journaling but didn't really have enough space so I'm planning to do it on the computer. I am hoping to get some more time this week and weekend to continue organizing my space and work more on this album! Until then... enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: