Thursday, June 10, 2010

Layout A Day in June #10 - Friend or Foe?

Here's layout #10. This one was a bit tricky for me today... I usually have a design idea, story idea or an idea of what photos I'm going to use before sitting down at my scrap table. Today... none. I did some online searching and found this sketch at Studio Calico. It was a bit out of my comfort zone, but I decided to go with it after looking through some photos and coming across this one. I had the idea for the story a while back but never got to it. It's a bit personal and a bit out of the ordinary of things I scrap about, but it's good to challenge ourselves as well as to be real and authentic in our pages, although this is sometimes hard for me, but Stephanie had a good post about this very thing today which is maybe what helped me to just go for it. 

The little swirl flowers on the left side are from a little scrap of fabric that was in the May Scarlet Lime kit. I was inspired by the inspiration of the day at Scrapdango (thanks Lynn!). 

Thanks for stopping by today! 

No comments: