Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Use What You Have: Back to School

It is still September right? Barely, I know, but I figure as long as it's still September it's still ok to share a back to school layout!!! Maybe you've yet to put yours together because it's not in the budget for your to purchase any cool new back to school products or maybe you've just not been inspired to yet. Well, let me inspire you and no worries, you can use what you already have!!! That's the great part! :) 

So here's my back to school layout... my first one actually since this is my oldest's first year of preschool. There are many more of these school layouts to follow but, I definitely didn't want to miss the chance to share the first one!!! :) 


I used some basic "back to school" colors with the red and green but added in a bit of turquoise to pull together with her turquoise Tinkerbell backpack. A bit of paint, distressing, kraft/cardboard and some math symbol brads to top it off! All of these items I pulled from my stash! The "abc123" in the top left corner is a stamp: 


It didn't turn out quite as dark as I had wanted, so to solve the problem... 


I went over it with my black Stickles which darkened it and added some fun bling to my page! 

So pull out your back to school photos and dig through your stash to see what kind of things you can pull together to create a back to school layout without running to the store!!! Please come back and share! I'd love to see what you create using what you have! 

1 comment:

Naddy said...

beautiful LO... love all the little details and the paint give it more interesting look to the LO....