Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day Cards

My kids and I made these Mother's Day cards this week inspired by this post from Simple Kids blog. Noelle really got into this which surprised me because she is not usually interested in painting or coloring much, but she really had fun and humored me when I asked her to paint a little more (we had 4 of these to make)! She painted on standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper and then once she was done painting I cut the paper into smaller pieces to fit on top of a standard sized card. I ran them through the printer to print "Happy Mother's Day" on them and then I mounted them with solid cardstock! And voila, a cute Mother's Day card for the grandmas & great grandmas in our life! The great thing for me about this was I didn't have to stress about when I was going to find time to make 4 cards, I made it an activity the kids and I did together and then put a few finishing touches on it that took about 15 minutes during naptime instead of spending an hour or more once the kids were in bed! Not to mention these will be much more treasured I am sure! :)  

No comments: