Monday, January 10, 2011

A few things...


So... it's here... 2011! Can you believe it? 2010 was a great year for our family, but I have a feeling 2011 is going to be even better. A new year is such an exciting time isn't it? This year I think I'm the most excited than I have ever been... at least in a while. I feel like this year I have a real vision for what I want to be different and some tangible/measurable ways to do that. Although I still have a bit of work to do in some areas, I feel like I'm well on my way in other areas. 

If you follow Ali's blog you have certainly heard of the One Little Word idea. I have chosen a word for the past several years and this year was no exception. My word this year is intentional. It is my desire to be more intentional in many areas of my life, actually now that I think about it, every area of my life. The two biggest though are time and relationships... intentional with how I spend my time and more intentional with the relationships/friendships in my life. I'm taking Ali's One Little Word class at Big Picture Classes and I can tell already that I have a greater awareness of my word this year than I have in the past. 

I also want to be more intentional with my scrap booking. Last year I had a goal of completing 75 layouts... and I did accomplish that goal (although I did lose count about 1/2 way through the year!). This year I want to spend more time on bigger more significant projects. These projects have always intimidated me in the past, but I'm quite excited about them this year. One of these is the One Little Word class as it spans the entire year, but I am also doing Becky Higgins' Project Life doing the Picture a Day approach and I'm also signed up for 2 of Jessica Sprague's Photoshop Elements classes in order to learn my way around the software that I got for Christmas (thanks again Mom!) :) 

I'm quite excited about this transformation/transition in my scrap booking... and am excited to be learning so many new things and taking on some new challenges. I also hope to share more often on my blog... but we'll see... it's not a goal this year just a desire. I do hope you will check back though and follow along with me in 2011! 

On a side note: I have not yet finished my December Daily... whooops... I've gotten so excited about these new projects that the DD has gone on the back burner. I am realizing that I really need to keep up with projects like that in the moment, because it kind of loses its excitement come December 26th! :) LOL! I do intend to finish it still, but am already thinking ahead to this year and thinking I may go all digital (if I learn Photoshop well enough this year) or just include it with my Project Life and call it good... we'll see! :) 

No comments: