Monday, April 18, 2011

A Gift Album, last minute...


Happy Monday! Over the weekend my Dad celebrated his 60th birthday! I'd had this in the back of my brain for several months so it didn't completely sneak up on me, but I did put off the gift until (somewhat) last minute. In the past I've had this notion that I needed to plan *months* in advance and work for hours upon hours to make a meaningful mini album as a gift, well, this time I only had a month from the time I first decided that I wanted to make one... don't worry, no need to panic... it turned out fine! Once I rounded up some photos of my childhood and photos of my Dad and I, scanned a few in and reprinted them, and chose some product and found a few quotes to include it only took a couple of hours to put together! 

I used an 8x8 album with one photo on each page, a block of plain cardstock and a block of coordinating patterned paper (I used an older line from We R Memory Keepers called Coppered Out). Once I had all the pages put together I went back and stamped a round journaling stamp onto an ivory sheet of cardstock, wrote my journaling and added into the page where the 3 blocks meet. For the title page and closing page I did the same thing without a photo. So, see there you too can make a quick little mini album in a few hours, it doesn't have to be a masterpiece, just some photos and meaningful words written from your heart. And, if you get as lucky as I did, maybe you'll even make the recipient cry! ;) 


No comments: