Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A New Love: Mixed Media Canvas Art!

So, a few weeks ago I finally did a project I'd been wanting to do for a while... 


Thanks to Christy Tomlinson's wonderful tutorial here I was able to create this little piece of art. I knew that I would really enjoy this type of project and I was so right. I've loved using paint and rub ons and collaging scraps on my scrapbooking layouts for a while and this seemed like such a natural thing to play around with. I love the process and the result and have been dreaming up other things I can make. And this weekend I had the perfect opportunity to make an original piece for my niece who turned 10 yesterday. Her parents gave her a room re-do for her birthday and so my sister-in-law sent me the link for her new bedding which was my inspiration for this wall art I made for her new room! 

Here's the bedding set she got from Pottery Barn: 


And here's the art I created for her new bedroom! 


A little closer up view: 


And the card I made to go along with it. 


I am happy to say she loved it! And I'm excited to make more art soon! :) 

1 comment:

Nichole Loiacono said...

This is Suuuuuper cute! Hmmmmm, looks like you found ANOTHER talent of yours! Miss you! Hope all is well!